Posted to alt.home.repair

Default toner cartridges - Any good?

In a town near me, is a place that refills cartridges and sells them,
refilled. I like the concept. I've tried the refil kit with the drill bit
and syringe, but it didn't work for me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 20:32:22 -0600, HeyBub wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Computer printers, too. A couple generation ago, Standard Oil gave
away kerosene lamps in China, same concept.

I never tried to sharpen a razor blade, but we do buy inkjet ink by the
pint
from Sams Club online.

We even have one of those reservoir thingies with six hoses going to
re-jiggered print cartridges. The reservoirs hold about two ounces of ink
for each of six colors, so the printer never runs out.

I really hate those printer companies that put chips on the ink cartridges,
to protect the customer from low prices, of course. I hate paying hundreds
of times too much for the ink. Sell me the damn printer for $1000 instead
of
$50, but let me use ink at the real cost of ink.

I have a samsung laser printer that I picked up for a grad school program
back
in 2003. I've printed perhaps 10,000 pages at a cost of about $50 total, by
refilling the original toner cartridge and a single replacement toner
cartridge
purchased at the same time. It would have cost me $800 if I'd bought new
toner
cartridges, and would have cost me about $2500 if I'd used inkjet
cartridges.
I can't believe how cheap the printer is to run, mostly because I'm not
paying
the insane prices printer makers would like to charge.