Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Handyman rates

"cm" wrote in
:

HeyBub,

I have only been propositioned once on the job and that was by a 75
y/o women. I was 40 at the time. I passed. My wife laughed.

cm

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Tarty wrote:
I realize rates are different throughout the country, but I was
wondering about what rates are in your area.

[...]

Seems a bit steep for a handyman, even if they were licensed &
insured. And surely not enough for a licensed professional.

What's the going rate for a handyman in your area?

Saw a story once about a young lady with an apartment in New York.
She made friends with a single guy in the same building that had a
tool kit. When she needed something done, she offered to trade a
home-cooked meal for the repair. Their mental dialogs went something
like:

She: "He's a miracle worker! He can put up a towel rack so it won't
fall down and all I have to do is throw a couple of extra potatoes in
the pot!"

He: "She's a miracle worker! For a couple the right kind of
fifty-cent molly bolts, I get a delicious rack of lamb dinner!"

Then they had sex.

a 75 y/o women.

Better snag the bottle of vegetable oil on the way back to the BR.