Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Replace Porch Light Bulbs - too high. Is there a trick to this?

wrote:
On Dec 1, 11:04 pm, "jch" wrote:
I've been looking around for a "ladder enabled" neighbor in favor of option
3. No luck so far. I guess a step new ladder could be in order since my
6footer is too short for the porch light. The other problem is an 18ft high
flood light under the corner roof that I'd like to change to a motion
sensitive unit. Of course my exstension ladder doesn't reach that. This is
crazy.

It's not crazy, it's reality. Quit whining and sell the damn house if
this is such a problem.

Uh, you can RENT ladders pretty cheaply for a day, if you have a way to
haul them. I have a 24' class 1a- longer than I really need, but it was
60 bucks cheaper than the 16' from the same manufacturer. Go figure.

If there is no place to lean an extension ladder, and you can't reach
from an 8' stepladder, a couple of sections of scaffold would be tall
enough. I agree- change the fixture to a guyed pendant with
downward-facing bulbs you can change with the pole gripper. Life is too
short, etc.

--
aem sends...