dave @ stejonda

Default Condensing Tumble Driers

In message , Mick
writes
Has anybody any major opinions on these good or Bad ?.
I currently have a vented tumble drier that is nearing the end of its life
(but still usable)...I would like to get another drier and run them both
until the orig one packs up (lots of kids and lots of washing !!!)
I do not want to hammer another hole in the garage wall (double brick)
So a Condensing Tumble drier seems ideal for the moment.
I am thinking a fairly cheap one (£189 ish at comet/Miller Bros).
Do you think this is a good idea ?

Only you can decide that.

We have a condensing t-d. A Zanussi. It's been no trouble in the n years
( 5) that we've had it but they're less efficient and so cost more to
run than the vented type and they're more complex so there's more to go
wrong, but we had no choice. T-D's are hardly difficult to obtain, if
your existing one has been enough so far I'd wait until it packed up and
then replace it with another vented.

--
dave @ stejonda