Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Another use for a chainsaw

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:25:25 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

As a bayonet.

If your AR-15 is not scary-looking enough, you can get this snap-on
attachment.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=402350

Goalie mask optional.

What model AR-15 should I get before January? I have a limited budget.

I'll opt-out for the mask and saw.

That's easy: Get an AR15 "Lower" (about $185). Here's why:

1. There's a (hidden)federal tax on firearms and works much like a VAT. By
federal law, the "lower" is considered the firearm itself - it's the part
with the serial number. So, you pay the 7.5% tax on only the smallest part.
You can then finish out the weapon with non-taxable parts. If, however, you
buy a complete weapon, you'll pay the tax on an $1800 rifle.

2. With only the "lower," you can mix and match the remaining parts - top
quality, low quality, domestic, foreign, cast, milled, steel, magnesium
alloy, whatever, various options (like folding stock, collapsing stock,
etc.) at your leisure.

I suspect, if the new administration does anything, they'll ban
high-capacity magazines first because it's easier to define what constitutes
a high-capacity magazine. So, I'd put those high on my list.

Aside:
Invitation: Visit the "tx.guns" newsgroup. Interesting discussions on the
laws, usage, and other items connected with crime.