Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Juergen Juergen is offline

Default HF 2" Sander any opinions

On Dec 1, 10:40*am, wrote:
I'll looking to get a 2" air sander and I ran into this one from
Harbor Freighthttp://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=93629

I have a 20% off coupon so I could get it for 20$, seems like a hard
deal to pass up. Has any one used any Central pneumatics tools?

-Terry

I've been using this item for over a year. I works as well as my $120
pneumatic random orbital sander. Did I mention it's a RO sander, the
description fails to mention this significant fact. While you're at
it, buy this item http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95394
.. This kit includes a 3" H&L pad and some other attachment you can put
to good use.

I run this and my other unit with a 5HP 30 Gal compressor. It doesn't
take long to kick-in the compressor. However you can use the sander in
"passive mode" till the compressor catches up. Frankly, on some woods
I find the passive mode works better.