Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 20:30:09 -0500, J. Clarke cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

The states that I'm aware of with full-auto bans are California,
Connecticut, and maybe New York (I'm not clear on whether the Sullivan
Act applies to the whole state or just NYC). However the Feds have
outlawed sales to citizens of any made or imported after 1986, and
between that and the transfer tax the prices have gone through the
roof.

Full auto ban is a federal thing, not a state thing. I think you need to
research your data further. I'd like to offer a specific correction to
your understanding, but to be honest, I don't know it myself. The Feds
banned full auto (except for certain license holders) decades ago. Maybe
back in the 30's or so?

--

-Mike-