Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:36:53 -0600, Swingman cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

"Mike Marlow" wrote

Actually - no. Here in the US, and in other places around the world, guns
are commonplace. Yet - no warring citizens.

Not yet, anyway. Strong advocate of 2nd Amendment rights, so no argument
there. But, what worries me is how much of the illegal immigrant population
is currently armed to the teeth? Especially with the Mexican drug cartel
increasingly more active *inside* our border.

Maintaining "weapon parity" is something the average citizen is not going to
consider.

Point taken, but again - it's a point about a criminal elelment - not a
point about either the right to bear arms, or law abiding citizens. That
criminal element is not going to be affected by any of Lew's proposed
legislation. In fact the only element that is going to be effected, is the
legal element.

--

-Mike-