Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default Factory reconditioned PC tools?

On Nov 30, 5:19*pm, zxcvbob wrote:
Does anyone know what kind of warranty Porter-Cable reconditioned air
compressors have? *(the little "pancake" compressor) I'm looking at them
at Amazon.com, and it doesn't say anything at all about the warranty. *I
bought a PC reconditioned nail gun a few years ago and have been really
happy with it, but I don't remember the details.

This is for a gift for my dad, and I'll be having it shipped direct to
him, so I won't have any opportunity to inspect it.

Thanks,
Bob

I'd be skeptical about buying any new air compressor. I had to loan
my 30-year-old compressor to two different contractors who were
working on my house. Both had new compressors that failed.

I don't think I would buy one that is "Oilless" or has any plastic
parts on it other than maybe a cover for the pressure switch and
such. My old Sears compressor is direct drive, needs oil in the
compressor head, and it made of aluminum. It must have a steel or
iron sleeve to have lasted this long (nearly daily use). The plastic
fittings (air connector, pressure relief valve etc) broke many years
ago and I replaced them with steel pipe fittings. I've only changed
the oil in it three times and I drain the tank about once a year.