Posted to alt.home.repair
Commish Commish is offline

Default Door Won't Stay Fully Closed

On Dec 2, 4:09*pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
Commish wrote:
I have a door in a downstairs bathroom in a 40 year old 4 level split.

The problem I have is that the door won't stay open. After you open
it, it always swings closed about 4-6" - which is not much, but since
it is a small bathroom, it is just enough to jam the door into your
hip as you turn around.

What can I do with the pins or hinges to make the door stay in the
fully open position?

Did it ever maintain the correct position? *If yes, the screws are probably
loose.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

I've been in the house about 2.5 yrs and I don't remember it staying
fully open....

I'm off to the local Home Depot to see if they have any of those
magnetic door stops, that looks like it would do the trick.

As for hack fixes.... bending a pin sounds like a hack to me, shimming
the hinge does not seem like a hack.