Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 6-Pack 6-LED Aluminum Flashlights - Any good?

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:19:08 GMT, JohnR66 wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I just bought this 6 pack of Husky LED flashlights at HD. There's 6
LED's per flashlight, and each one uses 3 AAA batteries, which were
included. 6 flashlights and 18 batteries for $9.97. How could I pass
it up?

I've never used an LED flashlight before and I am amazed at how
bright these things are.

My question: Am I going to remain happy or is there something I
don't know - something like I'm going to get about 10 minutes of
battery life so I'm gonna need to carry all 6 flashlights with me.

Are these things any good?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100652625

I went after those but they sold out of them quick. I did buy the
Husky 1AA 2 pack for $5. They are smaller and the heavy duty battery
has not dimmed after 1 hour.

That reminds me of the free flashlights radio shack used to give away.
They required batteries that gave RS profit far in excess of what the
flashlights cost.

Gillete business model: Give away the razor and sell the blades.

In addition to the flashlights you mention, we see it today principally with
cell phones.