Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default Door Won't Stay Fully Closed

pull the pin out of the top and middle hinge and let the door sit on the
floor.

OR

take the door off

OR

use a door stop

OR

take the pins out of the hinges and bend them slightly, sometimes this will
serve the purpose you are looking for.

"Commish" wrote in message
I have a door in a downstairs bathroom in a 40 year old 4 level split.

The problem I have is that the door won't stay open. After you open
it, it always swings closed about 4-6" - which is not much, but since
it is a small bathroom, it is just enough to jam the door into your
hip as you turn around.

What can I do with the pins or hinges to make the door stay in the
fully open position?