Steve Knight

Default Want Opinions on sliding compound miter saw

On 22 Sep 2003 07:55:55 -0700, (Mark) wrote:

Hi Guys,
I'm interested in hearing the wreck's opinion on 10/12" sliding
compound miter saw. My criteria areas a 1) Easy depth of cut
setting - I'm thinking I would be able to plow out dado's with
multiple passes on a long board easier than a dado head on the table
saw. 2) accurate miter/bevel stops. 3) either a high tooth count blade
from factory or a lower price to offset the cost of buying a higher
price. 3) laser would be a plus...but again a lower price offset to
buy a laserKerf if not included. 4) EZ blade change 5) replacable zero
clearance insert.

the makita is about the best saw out there. it does have a depth stop but you
can't get really accurate multiple cuts from it. because you can press it a
little harder and cut a bit deeper. but as far as I know it is about the only
saw that has it.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
See