Posted to rec.woodworking
Bored Borg Bored Borg is offline

Default Doh!!!

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:56:39 +0000, Gordon Shumway wrote
(in article ):

Thank you for your self sacrifice. It would have been nice if you
would have done this BEFORE I changed the knives on my planer.

I am available as a consultancy service. Maybe next time?

I sure hope you didn't drop the dovetail bit...

It was so sharp there was no real pain for about 20 seconds, during which
time I was able to wipe it (and several other things) off, replace it in its
pouch, put the removed synthosnot in the bin and get myself in position to
commence the famous dance.

My, how it did then smart...

G.S.

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:28:19 +0000, Bored Borg
wrote:

Picked up 3/8 dovetail and carefully and gently started to slide the
polysnot
off..

Blood all over ceiling. 3/4 gash along tip of thumb.

Amusing hand-sucking Watusi dance...

This is a public service announcement.
I did this so you don't have to.

Yeah I know about getting the router to throw the stuff off. I was just being
obsessive-compulsive and wanted them all clean and inspectable so I could run
a mic over them, decide on tolerances for the Incra, admire them for
shiny-shinyness and generally congratulate myself on buying better-quality
bits.

BTW my best "so you don't have to" concerns my very good friend Pat, the CEO
of a thriving company and a model responsible citizen and employer. I mention
that 'cos he's pretty smart, or at least he is most of the time. Way back in
his teens his younger brother, aka "spawn of Satan" jammed open the door of a
spin drier and informed him that if he was to place his arm inside the
rapidly revolving drum, his arm would surely break. Far more effective than a
dare when dealing with a sceptical scientific and not-to-be-upstaged young
mind. Just as might be predicted, Pat refused to accept the authority of
conjecture and put the glib assertion to the test.

kercrunch..snap ..!!!

First point to younger brother, who knew _exactly_ how his challenge would be
received

If anyone's interested..
if you put your ******** in the microwave...