Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Doh!!!

"Upscale" wrote:

What? Gloves? What kind of woodworker are you? Where's your loyalty
to all
those woodworkers of the past who worked with their bare hands and
nothing
else? How can I take pride in my woodworking accomplishments without
having
the scars on my hands to show that I've suffered and bled for my
craft?

I still carry the scar on my middle finger of my right hand where the
prop of model airplane engine caught me when it backfired and I wasn't
fast enough. (I was 13 at the time).

To paraphrase an old saying, "Do me once, shame on you. Do me twice,
shame on me."

I'll wear gloves when handling raw stock and/or sheet goods.

Lew