Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Doh!!!

"charlieb" wrote in message
do a number on you. My DUH! thing is nice square corners of long
boards. Pick up a semi-lnig heavy board, let it slip in my hands to
get it on the bench - or shop floor - and discover that even a 90
degree "bevel" can - and will - open up skin - especially that thin
stuff between pads on fingers.

I found out exactly the same thing, except my slicer and dicer of choice
were the 90° edges of the 3/8" acrylic doors on which I was using a scraper
before going to the polishing stage. Only problem was that I didn't learn
after the first few cuts and had to nick my thumb a few more times before my
brain decided to play catch-up and make my hands be more careful.