Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

Oh, yeah------all those quotes? ***Valueless****. Anyone can put words
on paper. That you choose to believe them means nothing in the way of
supporting your position. They're all just a part of your arsenal, and
are not fact. If they were, it could be proven. Bible thumpers think
they're true-----but ten million people believing a given notion that
isn't true won't make it so.

Harold

I agree with most of what you say. But what you say applies to you too. No
amount of evidence that could be provided will sway you from your chosen
belief. There are those in churches that believe in handling snakes and
drinking poison based on a single Bible verse that isn't even in the
earliest and most reliable texts. If you want to prove that there is
nothing to their belief then grab a rattler and take a good swig of what
they say is poison. They believe and act on their faith and get results.
Believe and act on your faith and see if the snakes act unnatural in your
hands too, you might want to bring a snake bite kit with you though. :-)

There was a college law professor that always taught his students to examine
the evidence. That was his big thing, examine the evidence. One day he
found out that some of his students were Christians. The professor said he
didn't believe in that stuff, much like you. They asked him if he examined
the evidence. He was embarrassed that he had to admit that he had not. He
then examined the evidence and guess what, he became a Christian. The
difference between him and you is that he examined the evidence. The
Professors name was Simon Greenleaf, he was famous in case you want to do a
search.

You have no quotes or anything of value that supports your world view. You
have some moral values that are from the Bible but what good is that since
you don't believe in the Bible anyway? You believe in hard work but many
people with more than you don't believe in hard work. You don't want to
cheat people but many that do cheat people are more successful than you.
So, what do you base your (Moral/Biblical) beliefs on?

One of the most well known and outspoken Atheists is Richard Dawkins. He
has been called Darwin's Rottweiler but it would be more fitting to call him
Darwin's Chihuahua. He makes a lot of noise but when you see what it's all
about you see that all he needs is a good kick to shut him up. A little
light examination will reveal his science theory is though up with the goal
of supporting Atheism. He barks all kinds of BS about the God he knows
nothing about. Now Atheism is the religion with the agenda. Mans desire to
not be held accountable for his sin is as old as sin and guilt. To be free
from accountability, the God of the Bible must not exist, hence mans
desperation to believe there is no God, and therefore come up with any kind
of scientific sounding explanation of How without a Cause. Anything Science
can come up with that supports our existence without a God, the Atheists
jump all over it, did we come from brown sea weed or one of the other two
theories? Or have they made up other theories now?

Ever wonder why Richard Dawkins is so popular among colleges? Could it be
because they don't want to be accountable to the God of the Bible for their
orgies? I've watched some of the debates on youtube and Mr. Dorkins says
something totally stupid and tries to fit it to believing in God and all the
immoral applaud him. If Mr. Dawkins or anybody came up with a scientific
theory that we all came from Marvin the Martian the college students would
jump on it, it's the natural thing for sinners to do. Want proof, just look
at those who jump all over me but don't squawk about that much about all the
political OT posts.

Like I said, since you think there's nothing to it go to a church and grab a
handful of cottonmouths, copperheads, and rattlesnakes with one hand and a
glass of poison with the other hand and show them stupid believers that you
can do anything they can. Years ago I saw video of this on TV, I think it
was Hardcopy with Maury Povich or something like that, they showed the snake
handling in the churches and the drinking poison, they sent some of the
poison to a lab to have it tested and found out it really was poison. Must
have been slight of hand, go prove them wrong. Make sure you document
everything so we can read about it and learn in case you don't survive.

RogerN