Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default OT paint car hood

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:39:46 -0500, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

The vinyl method probably still is the truest reproduction of sound. Many
things that go thru conversions may no longer be very close to being true
reproductions.

The advent of digital is probably more advantageous from an editing
standpoint. I consider the phrase "digitally remastered" to indicate that
the sound (or picture) is someone's own impression of how they think it
sounds best, but an adulterated version of the original.
In most cases, the listeners have never heard the original performance, so
they wouldn't know anyway.

Hey, what was that? A spare drumstick fell and hit something. Delete it.
Done.
History erased.

When I was in secondary school, one of my classmates was a chap
blinded by polio at ~ 13 years of age. His recorder was a disk machine
that cut the groove into a green disk. We pretty much chummed together
from the fact that we both smoked pipes and had a liking for the
poetry of Robert Service. The school attended, being a small
relatively new, country school, did not have a vice principal, so
Grant was assigned the vice principal's office as a place to
accommodate his special equipment. Quite often, the secretary would
knock on the door as a signal that we were becoming too noisy. Our
math instructor, living across the lake from the tourist lodge owned
by Grant's parents used to keep watch and, quite often, phone over to
remind Grant that it was time to turn on the outdoor lighting (this
was back in the mid '50s). Those were good times but, thankfully, they
are behind us now!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada