Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stupendous Man Stupendous Man is offline

Default Can you ID these lathe tools?

Can you ID these lathe tools? I found them in a large box of various lathe
cutting tools.

These are some of a dozen or so, ground from rod stock and honed. I have no
idea what they were made for. They are ground to the centerline and have no
relief angle.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_0877.jpg

This one has some pretty serious angles on it and has a very thick carbide.
I can't figure out what carbide-worthy material needs so much relief.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_0884.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_0883.jpg

This one has a cutting edge about 5 inches long, again no idea what you
would cut with it. It really is a blade more than a single-point, and agin,
zero relief.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_0881.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_0883.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_0880.jpg