Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Portable Electric Heaters

Utilities have different prices for electricity. You can likely find on your
power bill the price per kilowatt hour. If my math is correct, figure 1 1/2
times the KWH price, every hour. So, if you're paying 20 cents, figure 30
cents an hour to run the heater. That KWH nets you about 5,000 BTU.

A gas grill tank and infared heater could be a lot less expensive. Near me,
propane is about a buck a pound if you bring the tank in for refil. A pound
is 21,500 BTU if memory serves.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

I have a 1500 watt fan forced heater that I use in my shop and garage
on occasion. I've often wonder how expensive these are to run.

I always picture money flying out of my window whenever I turn it on
for a few hours. Am I being rediculous?