Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Doh!!!

On Dec 2, 12:28*pm, Bored Borg
wrote:
Got delivery of a few new router bits today.

Individually packed.

Stapled containers. Got bored digging out all the staples. Managed it without
injury.

Got first bit out to inspect. All covered in polygunk syntho-snot as usual. *
Insted of peeling it off, which in my experience is tedious and leaves bits
still covered in gunge, I tried genly sliding it off, like a sock/condom.

Came off sweet as a bit, no residue.
3/8 straight bit.

repeated with 3/4 straight

1/2 straight

1/4 straight

all fine.

Even the next 63mm long 1/2" diameter was fine.

Pleased with myself.

Picked up 3/8 dovetail and carefully and gently started to slide the polysnot
off..

Blood all over ceiling. *3/4 gash along tip of thumb.

Amusing hand-sucking Watusi dance...

This is a public service announcement.
I did this so you don't have to.

Mount the bit, gunk and all in the router. It will all come off as
soon as it comes up to speed. I never clean that crap off.