Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Doh!!!

"Bored Borg" wrote in message
.com...
Got delivery of a few new router bits today.

Individually packed.

Stapled containers. Got bored digging out all the staples. Managed it
without
injury.

Got first bit out to inspect. All covered in polygunk syntho-snot as
usual.
Insted of peeling it off, which in my experience is tedious and leaves
bits
still covered in gunge, I tried genly sliding it off, like a sock/condom.

Came off sweet as a bit, no residue.
3/8 straight bit.

repeated with 3/4 straight

1/2 straight

1/4 straight

all fine.

Even the next 63mm long 1/2" diameter was fine.

Pleased with myself.

Picked up 3/8 dovetail and carefully and gently started to slide the
polysnot
off..

Blood all over ceiling. 3/4 gash along tip of thumb.

Amusing hand-sucking Watusi dance...

Reminds me of the time I tried to extract a package from my private post
office box after hours. The heavy metal frame for the mailbox prevented me
from removing the box from the front. I whipped out my mimiature pocket
knife and cut the box to allow it to move over the small protusion that was
keeping it inside the mailbox. I slipped and sliced my finger. blood spurted
out. I managed to catch the blood in a hankerchief and bound up my injury. I
extracted the box and went home.

As for router bits, I have had similar experiences. I now place them in a
vise lined with wood. I cut off the plastic coverings with a box cutter and
remove them with a small pair of needle nose pliers. This is a no blood
method.