Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Portable Electric Heaters

"Sharp Dressed Man" wrote in message
Electric costs vary sharply by where you live but the US average per KWH
is 8.83 cents. Your 1500 watt heater would cost around 13 cents an hour to
run assuming you're paying average rates.

I live in one of those sharply variable rates and pay 18¢ a kW so it would
cost me 27¢ an hour to operate. Not bad if you need it a couple of hours a
week, but if you need it for hours a day it can be very expensive.

As for the OP, what is the temperature of the work room when unheated? If
you are just taking the chill off, it may be OK. If it is unheated in a
northern climate, it would be laughable to turn it on. My detached
partially insulated garage has about a 30 degree rise with 30,000 Btu.