Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Spam No Spam is offline

Default Paging Michael Terrell, video router design query

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 15:51:04 -0600, msg wrote:

On 14 Oct 2006 in sci.electronics.components, Michael Terrell suggested
using MAX435x parts to build a video router; I am awaiting delivery of
several Maxim video crosspoint ICs for just this purpose and wonder if
anyone has prototyped a router/switch using them and could share any
caveats or design tips (trace routing, surface area issues, dead-bug
solder-up, need for external buffers or not, etc.). I intend to control
the chips at first using only a PC - SPI interface but I also will add
vertical interval switching (gating of the /update pin on the device).

Use a differential input buffer to reduce noise and hum between equipment