Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell SteveBell is offline

Default Possible bad ground wire, please help

wrote in
:

I just recently moved into a house that had all the electrical service
updated. At first things seemed to work, lately this has changed. I
am getting small shocks more than i ever did, its stronger than a
static shock. When this happens, it drops the voltage enough to
restart my computer. At first I thought this was a computer issue
until I had it reset without laying a finger on it by getting a shock
from the cell phone charger. Any shock I receive in the room its in
will cause the computer to reset. What is causing this? Bad ground?
The wiring is in wrong?

Contact the company that did the updating. Let them know you have a
hazardous condition and that you are requesting a warranty visit. The
worst they can do is say no, after which you can negotiate for a
discount.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement