Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default 6-Pack 6-LED Aluminum Flashlights - Any good?

On Dec 1, 1:16*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I just bought this 6 pack of Husky LED flashlights at HD. There's 6
LED's per flashlight, and each one uses 3 AAA batteries, which were
included. 6 flashlights and 18 batteries for $9.97. How could I pass
it up?

I've never used an LED flashlight before and I am amazed at how bright
these things are.

My question: Am I going to remain happy or is there something I don't
know - something like I'm going to get about 10 minutes of battery
life so I'm gonna need to carry all 6 flashlights with me.

Are these things any good?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...uctDisplay?sto...

I had some LED headlamps (for human heads) and after several months
not all the little lights were working. Now I have a tiny Dorcy that
uses a single AAA and I use it every night and never go off into the
dark without it. It even works pretty well with a NiMh rechargable
but it's quite bright with an alkaline battery and one will last me
about a month of walking around here and there which would include a
few trips down to the creek (600 foot walk one way). It only has one
LED and I think it's brighter than the headlamps with 6 or 7 LEDS.

I also have one of those "crank" flashlights and it has a choice of
one or three LEDS. It doesn't last all that long between cranks but
heck, it always works when I want it to and unless my other hand is
busy...

Personally I'd go with the Dorcy single LED and a hand crank light
which you should be able to get both for around $12 or $13 or there
abouts. Some of those crank lights are selling for around $5 or $6.