Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 6-Pack 6-LED Aluminum Flashlights - Any good?

Bubba wrote:
On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:16:00 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I just bought this 6 pack of Husky LED flashlights at HD. There's 6
LED's per flashlight, and each one uses 3 AAA batteries, which were
included. 6 flashlights and 18 batteries for $9.97. How could I pass
it up?

I've never used an LED flashlight before and I am amazed at how
bright these things are.

My question: Am I going to remain happy or is there something I don't
know - something like I'm going to get about 10 minutes of battery
life so I'm gonna need to carry all 6 flashlights with me.

Are these things any good?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100652625

Kind of a silly question, dont you think?
Judging from the description on the link you provided:
Check out the name? "Husky"?? Probably made by kids in Tiawan.
Check out the batteries? Alkaline? Nope. Try "Heavy Duty"......in
other words, not alkaline so they wont last all that long.
You may have to tap them on something hard once in a while to get them
to work or stop them from flickering but all in all for $9.97 its not
to bad. Use em and toss em.
Bubba

Ah, but Northern Tool had 24 packs of AA or AAA alkaline batteries for
$3.99! Hang on while I look up the brand.....

Ah, yes. Battery says "Northern Industrial (TM). Northern Tool & Equipment,
Bunnsfield, MN"

Good ol' American-made!