Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default 6-Pack 6-LED Aluminum Flashlights - Any good?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I just bought this 6 pack of Husky LED flashlights at HD. There's 6
LED's per flashlight, and each one uses 3 AAA batteries, which were
included. 6 flashlights and 18 batteries for $9.97. How could I pass
it up?

I've never used an LED flashlight before and I am amazed at how bright
these things are.

My question: Am I going to remain happy or is there something I don't
know - something like I'm going to get about 10 minutes of battery
life so I'm gonna need to carry all 6 flashlights with me.

Are these things any good?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100652625

Probably OK but I would not expect any heavy duty type illumination. I
like LED's because the LED should not fail and you get a lot more out of
your batteries. Number of LED's is not an indication of how much light
you would get and you want to think in terms of lumen's or candlepower.
I have a 12 LED lantern that does not give enough light to read by and a
single LED flashlight that is bright as any flashlight I have.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...03W&lpage=none