Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber Pat Barber is offline

Default Melamine sheets?

Most Home Depot's and some Lowes carry 4x8 sheets of melamine.

In most larger towns, there will also be a professional
cabinet builder supply that will carry the larger sheets.

Melamine has fell from favor in cabinets and has become
harder to find.

Be aware that a 4x8 sheet of melamine is VERY heavy and
very slick and difficult to deal with.

It will require a high count(80+ tooth) blade for chip
free cuts.

wrote:
Is it possible to purchase melamine sheets like the kind used for
shelving in widths greater than 11 7/8"? I asked at my local HD and
Lowes, and building supply companies with no success, both bigbox
places said it was not manufactured any larger than shelving width.

Cheers