Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] fictitiousemail@gmail.com is offline

Default VAT problem - any advice please ??

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:06:55 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 18:59:11 -0000, "nightjar".me.uk wrote:

And a lot are, was in a shop yesterday that had a notice saying the VAT
reduction would be applied as a discount at the till.

Unfortunately, that is not an option on a web site.

Only if the commerce package doesn't have the facilty for discounts, a
rather poor package if it doesn't IMHO. OK it might need to be enabled but
it should be there.

However, if they apply the correct discount, I wonder how many people
they will get complaining that they did not get 2.5% off?

Quite a few I expect, thinking about the shop mentioned above I think they
were going to knock 2.5% off...

There was a shop featured in Working Lunch today that were taking 3%
off at the moment as their system wouldn't allow half percentages .

I also got an e-mail from a website that has no shop outlet where they
are keeping their prices the same at the moment and adding up all the
reductions that customers would have got and having a draw among all
registered customers ( regardless if they have ever bought anyhting)
for what it amounts to.