Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Best soil to use for sprinkler values?

ransley wrote:
On Dec 1, 11:28 am, Znott wrote:
I just dug up a bunch of clay soil/rock to get to all of the
sprinkler value piping underneath the anti siphon values and it took
way too long and tiring. Any recommendations on what type of soil I
should replace it with so that I can easily dig up the same area for
any future repairs?

Mix leaves or clippings with the clay and it will turn to good dirt,
mix clay and sand and get cement, maybe thats what you have now, a
clay sand.

Add Gypsum (a lot of Gypsum) to the clay. It'll help keep it manageable.