Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Factory reconditioned PC tools?

dpb wrote:
zxcvbob wrote:
Does anyone know what kind of warranty Porter-Cable reconditioned air
compressors have? (the little "pancake" compressor) I'm looking at
them at Amazon.com, and it doesn't say anything at all about the
warranty. ...

Who's the vendor? It's hard to tell at Amazon any more which is a prime
reason I've about given them up.

Anyway, figure that out and e-mail/call if it isn't stated and ask.

The factory reconditioned things I've bought have had same conditions as
originals but have always been careful to make sure were from OEM, not a
liquidation outfit.

--

Oddly enough, Amazon itself is the vendor. (Was gonna buy from vendor
"CPO", but they raised their price and Amazon lowered theirs since I

I'll call PC's main office in Tennessee (if I can find the number) and
ask them about the warranty. But Amazon has lowered the price on the
same model compressor (C2002), new bundled with a hose and a few cheap
tools -- blowgun, tire chuck, etc -- to where it might make more sense
now to go for the new one.

Prices change fast this time of year! *:-)

Bob