Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default It's come to this...

Kyle wrote:
On Nov 30, 3:01 am, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Poor people seem to have poor money management skills. It's not
all that rare to see $3000 worth of wheels and tires on a car that's
not worth $1000.

That's because there's a huge cultural perspective difference between
those in poverty and those who aren't. When you are stuck in poverty
(often for generations in the U.S., where the adults today grew up in
poverty, as did their parents, and grandparents) you don't believe
you're ever going to be able to get out - you're going to be stuck in
a crummy low-paying job and never going to get a job that pays a
living wage, never going to be able to get out of where you are so you
live for the moment, buying the big screen tee-vee and the satellite
service and the bling-bling for the 1972 Datsun beater and the like.

I totally agree. There were those who were displaced from New Orleans
because of Katrina and found themselves in places like Salt Lake City or
Billings, Montana - a completely different culture. Some even said: "You
mean all I got to do is stand behind the counter and make Slurpees? And I
get PAID for it? Damn, man, that's cool!"

Presto! The cycle is broken!