vmtw

Default Wanted: magnifying safety glasses

"Michael Daly" wrote in message able.rogers.com...
On 23-Sep-2003, j wrote:

Guess I'm just getting older and my eys aren't what they used to be. Has
anyone seen/know wher I can get magnifying safety glasses that will fit
over my existing glasses?

My first recommendation is to get glasses specifically for woodworking
(and other close-up stuff). You can get bifocals made that are for close
work above and really close work on the bottom. No good for distance,
but useful around the shop etc.

In the meanwhile, if you can't find the magnifying safety glasses (there
are some at Lee Valley, but they don't specify that they fit over glasses)
is to look for a product made by Optix. It's a stick-on lens that you add
to your regular safety glasses. Here's one link, found at random:
http://www.readingglasses.com/cgi-bin/Shopper.exe?keywords=optx&template=Templates%5Csea rch-accessories.htm&search=action
(I've never found the maker's web site).

Hard to get around here, but I understand they're easier to find in drug
stores and such in the US.

Mike

I use transitional safety glasses, and wear them all of the time. I
can actually see everything clearly from 3 feet and on out so the top
half of the safety glass has no magnification at all. The only
problem I have is close-up overhead work, anyone have any good
solutions for that?