Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default OT latest eBay shakeup

I've encountered many more problems recently as a buyer, than I did when I
was selling (quite a while ago). The main problem lately is sellers stating
something is new, only to find out it's just a used POS, sometimes with
accessories missing.

The main issue I have with forced PayPal payments (other than being forced)
is that this change guarantees that eBay gets paid twice for every
transaction, once for the sale of the item and again for the payment
(including a percentage of the shipping/handling costs).

All the small sellers, which are the ones out finding the really interesting
stuff to sell on eBay, are getting properly fuct.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
"Wild_Bill" wrote:
Control and profits.

Under recent changes, sellers may only accept PayPal payments (PayPal
being part of eBay's company), with a few exceptions (or a couple of
different electronic transfers).

I only mention this here in RCM because eBay is the channel that many of
us acquire our cool stuff thru.

[snip]

I've never had a problem buying from ebay sellers that I couldn't resolve
by
talking to the seller myself. Also, I've never had a problem selling
things
on ebay.

Ebay wasn't broken, but they are working hard to fix that.

Jon