Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Collapsable ladders

Friend of mine has something like that. We used it to climb into the attic
hatch of his house, and spread some insulation. I wasn't sure it would work,
but it did the job. I'm well over 200 pounds weight, so I was probably
outside the weight capacity of the device.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message

"Lp1331 1p1331" wrote in message
I have one similar to what you describe,but not that brand. I don't
remember what brand it actually is. It has four sections, each about 3'.
It can be opened to make a 6' step ladder or extended all the way to a
12'. I've only used it a couple of times (actually turned out to be just
a little short for where I had intended to use it), but it seems to be
satifactory. FWIW, I weigh about 145 lb, so I don't need a real heavy
duty. I got mine at a pawn shop (looked nearly new) for I think about
$80. Personanlly, I wouldn't give $200 for one, Shop around! Larry

I know the kind you are talking about. The one I am referring to is not the
same. Yours can be configured into different types, the one I am referring
to you can collapse each rung individually, here is a pic of one:

http://i14.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/e6/93/208c_1.JPG

MC