NickW

Default Solar space heating idea

Ah Ha !! Very Interesting Nick. The only thing with this is, will it work
in a British winter ? This system would be great for hot air heating during
the winter months, but do we get enough sunny days to make it viable ?

Me thinks me needs more research into this subject.

I may be back.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Well, in the link I posted the guy's system produces an average of
0.25 kw from a collector of size 2.8 sqm on an "overcast winters day".
I don't know where he lives but it's snowing there!

I guess the main benefit will be in spring and autumn where the
central heating will hopefully not come on much at all. Come the
middle of winter, I'm sure it will be on a lot.

However, I was looking at my site this morning and realised that the
garage roof might get shaded in the winter when the sun is low. It
gets sun all day in the summer...

Here is a photo of the site (looking east so the garage is north of
the house):
http://home.no.net/enaasen/back_garden_from_gate.JPG

So I might have to rethink :-(

If it's a non starter, I'll see if I can persuade the wife to have
removable panels on the ground at the front of the house...

Nick