Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hand tools: any reason to bother with imperial, and what brands are "quality"?

In article ,
oh wrote:
I like decent tools to I'm a bit skeptic about things like a Screwfix
"Tool chest 235 pieces" for £63.61, particularly when it's half-full of
imperial tool sizes. Having a 2-year old house, 1998 car and a German
yacht, I doubt I will see an imperial sized screw very often. However I
could be wrong, so my first question is: are imperial sized nuts and
bolts and stuff something that still are in common use, or did they die
out together with the shillings?

Do you actually mean Imperial as in BSW and BSF, etc? Or are you including
the Unified threads where the spanners are labelled AF in inches?

--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.