Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT -- A Car Wreck Made in Washington - Can Democrats afford to let Detroit succeed?

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Yes, interesting. What do you make of it?

I dunno, I've never inquired. I've always assumed it was the
extended-family
thing: one comes over, then the family follows, etc. I also have no idea
what they found so attractive about this community. My little town has
very
few Indians, but the surrounding township is loaded with them. It probably
was where they ran out of gas when they left Newark Airport. Like Bob
Dylan
when he headed west -- "Goodbye, New York, howdy, East Orange."

I think the term is chain migration. When the chain pulls over mostly
skilled people, I
tend to support it. When the chain is bringing over cheap labor, I'm
agaist it. Exploit
our own

Wes

Ha! Right. We'll be ruled by a generation of people who speak English as a
second language. g

Well, we're pretty lucky here. Other castes of Indians have moved in more
recently, but most of them are well-educated and very entrepreneurial. If
they could only teach the women to drive, we'd be very happy in all
respects.

--
Ed Huntress