Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The lesson from the Mumbai mayhem

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Larry Jaques
wrote on Sun, 30 Nov 2008 04:43:58
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 19:08:34 -0800 (PST), the infamous mike
scrawled the following:

On Nov 29, 11:47*am, pyotr filipivich wrote:

* * * * Secondly, the guys with the AKs and grenades are probably the bad
guys. *That probability approaches unity. *Remember that "finite ammo
supply"? *that also means you don't shoot unless you are sure of your
shot, or there is no alternative. *Going up against a guy with an AK
with only a 38 (not even if it is a 357) is not optimal, unless the
alternative is dieing.

* * * * But don't worry. *When seconds count, the SWAT team is only
minutes away.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...le14086308.ece

"Mr D'Souza added: "I told some policemen the gunmen had moved
towards the rear of the station but they refused to follow them. What
is the point if having policemen with guns if they refuse to use
them?
I only wish I had a gun rather than a camera."

The poor guy witnessed and wrote about a despicable act of cowardice
by the police in Mumbai. Some of the teachers at Columbine had
similar feelings of helplessness.

Or could it possibly have been conspiracy? I'd sure be thoroughly
checking out the backgrounds and bank accounts of all the cops on my
beat if I were the police chief in that area.

Then what?

The problem is that the Jihadist ideology doesn't require a direct
connection. People can decide they want to be part of it, and act
"independently."
The second part of it is that how are you going to prove that he
was in conspiracy, if there are no back ground or bank account
irregularities? Maybe he doesn't like the situation, and looks the
other way. Maybe he ran out of "hero" - he's a 'peace officer', a
constable, not a contender for fastest gun in the station?

Fnord, it is a combined ops goat rope and monkey rodeo.

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!