Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Patrick Al Patrick is offline

Default Target Acquired !

Terry Coombs wrote:

The last thing I want is to feel that I'm responsible for a child (or an
adult for that matter) being injured or killed because of a window bar I
made and installed . Liability issues aside ...

If this is so you may want to check the required spacing on crib side bars, etc. and apply
it to the AC guard. People let their children roam all over the yard unattended and then
blame whoever built whatever that the child got hurt on.

It's like old granny that raises a bunch of hellions because daddy wasn't to be found and
momma had to work. Then when they get into trouble everyone tells what wonderful children
they were. We actually had an aunt or grandmother of some young hoodlums who shot a man
to death in a store telling the newspaper reporter what great children they ARE! (Almost
sure it was present tense. The ONLY reason they could have been "great" was because they
were hers or at least of her race!)