Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT -- A Car Wreck Made in Washington - Can Democrats afford to let Detroit succeed?

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 16:09:06 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:42:10 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

Someone said:
We have some plans, which apparently are a growing trend, that reduce
rates
if you agree to go to India for surgery.

Isn't that amazing? Our doctors (and freaking hospitals) here charge
so much more that it's _cheaper_ to fly you halfway around the world
to get surgery there? Amazing. Boggles the imagination, it does.

Yeah, and it's apparently really good care. They take extra-special-good
care of the furriners.

Yeah, I think I'd prefer an Indian doctor and hospital than one here.

I think I've mentioned that my cardiologist's first name is Muhammed, but
may not have mentioned that my endocrinologist's last name is Hussain. g
They're both Indian Muslims, and absolutely top-notch.

They -charge- more for service over here, too, don't they?

Well, my third Indian, the one who performed the angioplasties on me, sent
one hell of a bill -- into five figures for maybe an hour's work. He wears
really nice suits, too. And I have to ask who styles his hair. It's a
picture.

You want to get away from the comb-over look, do you, Ed?

If you caught this from another thread, I live in the center of a township
that's 18% Asian Indian, the highest percentage in the US by a factor of
two. Most of the early ones were upper-caste professionals. They're most of
the doctors around here now. And it seems that a lot of the professionals
are Muslims, who make up only 18% of India's population. Interesting.

Yes, interesting. What do you make of it?

--
The only difference between a rut and a grave...is in their dimensions.
-- Ellen Glasglow