Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT paint car hood

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 07:51:29 -0500, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

I was amazed that some of the original recordings survived long enough to be
duplicated.

Someone needed to take the initiative to make the trips to some backwoods
Mississippi Delta areas, with recording gear (and batteries, I suppose, or
arrange a session at a location with "fire on a wire") to get those old
musicians' works recorded on tape, to bring back to the "big city".. St
Louis, Chicago, Memphis etc.

It seems that there may have been only a very limited amount of rock 'n roll
without those early efforts. The direction and the music would've likely
been very different.

If the true roots of rock 'n roll would have been Pat Boone or Rosemary
Clooney, what a fuctup youth I woulda had, Oh wait, I did.

Direct to wax recordings were done without electricity for years -
just like a gramophone .