Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Target Acquired !

Robert Swinney wrote:
I'm glad you explained "AC security devices". Security cages around
AC equipment would be something good to offer, IMO. They would be a
little more "job specific" than bars on windows. Design would be no
more difficult than window bars. Good idea to offer both bars and AC
devices. The material for fabrication woud be very similar if not
identical.

Bob Swinney

I'm going to focus on the AC stuff , at least at first . There's a lot less
liability... and I have a good bit of R&D to be able to build a window bar
that will hit my price point and fulfill local regs .
The last thing I want is to feel that I'm responsible for a child (or an
adult for that matter) being injured or killed because of a window bar I
made and installed . Liability issues aside ...
And yes , the material requirements are identical - 3/4X16 and 1/2X16 ga
square tube , maybe some flat and angle iron stock for padlock tabs and some
hinges .
--
Snag
wannabe weldor/fabricator