Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
phil scott phil scott is offline

Default Are name-brand low-energy fluorescent "Green" bulbs any brighterthan store brand?

On Nov 30, 11:17*am, phil scott wrote:
On Nov 29, 3:28*am, Doc wrote:

Just got a 4-pack of the Walmart "Great Value" version of these energy-
saver style fluorescent 23w bulbs which they claim are equivalent to a
100w incandescent bulb. Not even close. It's about like a 40w bulb.

Are the name brand bulbs of this type any better?

full spectrum light is crucial to good health... the body evolved
needing all spectums of light (natural light) or incandescent... to be
healthy.

cool white florescent etc..and others have that problem.

a good google search....' full spectrum light, heatlh, Ott'

Phil scott

addendum.... If yiou get a good daily dose of sunlight, or
incandescent bulb light, then florescent or LED wont have as much of a
detrimental effect on your health... for offices I recommend a small
incandescent light on the dest kept lit ..it supplies the full
spectrum you need. in a home an incandescent near your tv watching
chair would have a similar effect... I dont think the wattage is
crucial, 20 watts might be fine.

Phil scott