Martin Angove

Default Thin plastic gasket

Sis-in-law broke a (manky plastic) light switch and bought a nice shiny
chrome "flush" switch as a replacement. Connecting the thing up
(complete with earth which wasn't there previously) wasn't a problem but
after screwing the thing to the wall I found a thin, clear plastic
gasket in the packaging. The instructions say this should be fitted
between the faceplate and the wall... but why? There's a glued-on foam
gasket on the back of the faceplate anyway, so what is the plastic one
for?

Any ideas?

Hwyl!

M.