Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default It's come to this...

aemeijers wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

While driving around in another part of town today, I spotted a new
kind of shop:

"Tire Rental"
"As low as $3.00/week"

They have sidelines: Wheels (tire won't be much good without a wheel),
and all manner of fancy bling, or rims, or whatever they call it.

Nothin' new. 'Bling' wheel rental places have been around for years. One
summer as a kid, I did FHA inspections on repo houses, to make sure the
windows were all there and there were locks on the doors, etc. Blew my
mind to see these crappy little shacks with shiny Caddies out front,
many with obvious add-on padded vinyl tops and fancy wheels and such.

Guess if you can't afford a decent crib as a show-off item, you go with
what they see when you are out and about showing off.

--
aem sends...