Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

On Nov 30, 7:59*pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
Upscale wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
That's a pretty broad statement, how about a few stats to back it up?

And
if it is true, I'd wonder how similar stats for Canada would correlate

the US ones?

The following is a synopsis of the FBI report, if you don't like the

source,
you can peruse the FBI report yourself.
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=4181

I certainly don't like the source. The NRA? An organzation whose sole
purpose is the right to bear arm. Decidedly one sided point of view.

* While I certainly agree that they have a one-sided point of view, and I
will admit that I have often pointed out biased sources by others in
various discussions, the issue here was not the point of view expressed,
but the statistics cited. *In this case, the statistics can be pretty well
relied upon to be what is in the FBI report (I just wasn't going to go
digging for that report). *One thing regarding NRA statistics -- you can
pretty well be sure they are correct because the other side spends a great
deal of time fact-checking anything the NRA cites or states. *If the NRA
cites were off by a single digit, the media would be all over them for
making up facts. *The media treatment of the NRA is quite unlike the
media's treatment of other groups with whose views the media agrees, those
groups can make up whatever figures they like (e.g. # of homeless, degrees
of global warming, # of people hungry or impoverished, dangers of eating
certain types of food, etc.) with little or no fear of being called out on
it.

http://www.reason.com/news/show/28582.html

Another dubious point of view from an individual. How about some unbiased
national statistics?

* Don't disagree that parts of this are an opinion piece, however, the
history and statistics cited are consistent with historical events and
other news reports.

Give it up, Mark. You are looking silly now.
You can no longer defend that cluster-flub you're been rooting for.
Even YOU can see it was the absolute worst presidency in US history.