Posted to rec.woodworking
todd todd is offline

Default insulate shop attic

"BDBConstruction" wrote in message
The original post states "the joists are 2x12 on 16" centers". It
mentions nothing of rafters. He is talking of a DIY cellulose
installation. This would not allow for insulating the underside of the
roof deck (between rafters) as there is no way for a DIY'er to blow a
wet cellulose.

The post sounds to me like this is a retro situation in that the
garage was built and put into use (finished ceiling installed) and the

insulation was left for cooler weather. This would mean there is no
way of stapling paper faced insulation to the joists. At best he would
be able to put the paper face down and live with the leaks in the VB.
Omitting the VB may be fine depending on other details not included in
the post.

Mark

You are correct. I might have made a poor choice of words in my initial
post by saying that I wanted to "insulate the attic". Indeed, I am just
putting insulation into the attic floor. FYI, I decided to go with rolls of
fiberglass, in part because I didn't want to mess around with hauling their
cellulose machine back and forth and having to deal with trying to keep
cellulose out of the the soffits. At this point, I'm probably 40% done.
Worst part is taking up the plywood that I had put down previously.

todd