Lawrence A. Ramsey

Default Want Opinions on sliding compound miter saw

I suspect there is still some fallout from when Delta (and others?)
portrayed a RAS to be good for planing, drill press, routing, etc..
Sorta like a cheap Do-All machine. Probably were jealous of ShopSmith.
Anyone that ever tried to use one for those purposes (that I have
talked with) were VERY disappointed with the outcome. It didn't last
so that should tell you something. And that back when DeWalt made a
hell of a RAS. My father bought one; last machine he ever bought. I
always attributed it to the RAS good-for- everything salesmanship.

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:25:01 -0700, "JackD" wrote:

"Rumpty" wrote in message
Simple, you need a DeWalt RAS.

--

Rumpty

I always wonder what the people suggesting a RAS instead of a sliding
compound miter saw are thinking. Do they truly not understand that a miter
saw goes with you where you are working while a RAS stays in one place?

-Jack